Thursday, January 12, 2012

a spoken word ~ thoughts on religion

This video is making the rounds on Facebook today.  It's really good, and definitely worth watching if you haven't seen it yet.  Or, if you have seen it, I encourage you to watch it again.  And this time, when you watch it, try not to just think "Oh yeah, I agree."  Try to view yourself and your religion, aka spirituality, through the lens of this spoken word.  That's what I did.  It's convicting and challenging. 



It was interesting that I came across this video today, after reading and pondering the following verse this morning:
James 1:27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

That's it.  It's all right there, in that verse.  And expounded on in that video.  Good stuff.

~abi~

1 comment:

  1. Thank You Abi! I love this! It is soo true! We worry more about what the church and people of the church will think of us, so we continue to follow all their rules that we don't really believe or have a conviction about, but we live in fear of being reprimanded if we don't follow. What we fail to realize is that we don't answer to man; we answer to GOD! Man interprets the bible as he wants and then makes the curch and the members to follow what he has interpreted! OH WOW! now I am all fired up!! Anyway thanks for sharing and posting this. EVERYONE should watch this and think about why we do what we do. It took we 30 years to figure this out! I don't serve man I serve God! As long as my heart is in the right place and I am doing what HE has called me to do then that is all that matters!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for spending some time here in my corner of the internet. and thank you even more for chiming in with your comment!