Tuesday, January 17, 2012

my tattoos and other news

So, as you can see, things are changing here on my blog.  This is really just a bit of a sneak peek of sorts, because there's about to be a whole overhaul!  I'm super excited about it, and I have my incredibly talented friend Kelly Beane to thank!  Not only is she an amazing photographer {she does all of my photos}, she also designed my new logo, above!  And she is the one redoing my soon-to-be new site for me!  Yay!!!  Thank you, Kelly Beane!

If it weren't for Kelly, things would probably never change around here.  Change is difficult for me {except when it comes to my hair!}.  And it's not even that I don't desire change sometimes.  It's more that I procrastinate and want to be 1,000% sure, and want everything to be absolutely perfectly set up and ready before I change it -- which, let's face it, hardly ever happens. 

On the opposite end of the spectrum, there are some things you can't really change.  Like tattoos. :)  I saw this post earlier on a fun blog that I like to read called thxthxthx.



It made me smile.  I have two tattoos, and to be honest, neither of them is absolutely perfect, but I do love them both.  And I do plan on getting more! :)

My first tattoo I ever got is this tiny green star.  It's about the size of a dime, and it's on my left hip.  I got it on Hollywood Blvd.  I smile every time I see it and think of that trip.  My friend and former roommate got a tiny blue star on her right hip at the same time as well.  Fun times, fun memories.



My other tattoo is a memorial tattoo for my younger brother Jack.  He was a Green Beret and was killed in 2009 while on a mission in the Philippines.  It reads, "De Oppresso Liber" meaning "To Free The Oppressed", which is the Special Forces motto.  Underneath that is Jack's signature from a letter he wrote. 


So those are my permanent body decorations. :)  Do you have any tattoos?  If not, would you ever get one?  If you have one or more, are you planning on adding any? 

~abi~

4 comments:

  1. I love this motto not many people know what it means let alone for who and what it represents "Liberate the Oppressed"...
    Thank You:
    Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. although most people have no clue by looking at my but i do have 7 tattoos. they all have meaning and character behind them. i only plan on 2 more potentially but who know what the future holds. I believe that if your tattoos have meaning it's actually worth having it on you for the rest of your life. my newest tattoo is an infinity symbol and its right over my heart. it represents all the friends and family i have and all over the united states, and how much i love them and will never forget. and a reminder to me that there are people that love me out there. even if i don't feel like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 2 tattoos as well! My 1st tattoo I got while on an innocent trip to Destin, Fl over spring break. I followed the crowd and got a heart tattoo w/ these swirls that go around it, it's on my lower stomach. My 2nd tattoo is for my daugter. It's angel wings w/ her initial 'M' in the middle and it has a few colored stars out to the sides of it. I never thought I would be someone to get tattoos, but here I am. Now I just need the courage to get one for my son. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me smile. Love this post and love you friend! Maybe someday I'll have the courage to get something...

    ReplyDelete

thank you for spending some time here in my corner of the internet. and thank you even more for chiming in with your comment!