Thursday, January 19, 2012

genius

A couple months ago or so, one of my friends tweeted this quote, and it has stuck in my head ever since:

"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
- Arthur Schopenhauer.


I love that quote and think it's so good, because sometimes I think our society values "talent" more than "genius".  Or maybe it's just that we think "genius" is weird because we can't see that target!  Even as individuals, dealing and processing our own ideas, I feel like it's easy to just dismiss what could be a genius thought or idea, simply because "no one else does it that way". 

Anyway, it's a thought-provoking quote, at least to me.  Then today, I saw this:

"Genius gets you nowhere. Execution is everything."

That thought sort of goes along with my word for the year: achieve.  After all, what good is a genius thought or idea if you never act on it??  Now my mind is really spinning!  :)

~abi~

p.s.  Hey, any of you grammar snobs, please help me out...Should I have put the period inside the quotation marks in the sentences above, or did I do it properly?  It's been too long since I learned that punctuation rule! :)

2 comments:

  1. yes! punctuation goes inside the quotation mark:) good job!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Punctuation correct. :) Genius hit me and I just keep trying to get everyone to see it, haha. In all seriousness, I wholeheartedly agree and am ready to see where we go this year, 2012, with our genius ideas (and talent too ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for spending some time here in my corner of the internet. and thank you even more for chiming in with your comment!