Friday, January 27, 2012

i'm not complaining, i'm just stating facts

Today has just been "one of those days".  You know, the kind of day where your boss makes you photocopy an old tractor manual of about one hundred and fifty pages {true story}; after which the office copier/fax machine gets jammed and then a strange man who came to your office has to help you un-jam it so that it can print out the invoice he sent over; never mind that your boss isn't there to approve the check and sign it; oh, and then you have to void and reprint several checks once your boss is there; and then your Photoshop crashes, losing something you've been working on for a day and a half and didn't have saved, even though you know better than to not save as you go.  You know, just little things like that.  Nothing too major, but annoying enough to grate on your nerves and maybe make your eyes teary even though you know that none of the above is really reason enough to cry.  And then you want to have a pity party, complete with black tutus and gray streamers.  No cheery, bright colors, please.  But hugs are welcome. 

Sorry for this poor-me post, it's just my way of venting.  And now I want to turn it around.  So, immediately after I leave work in about fifteen minutes, I plan on doing something nice for someone else.  Then, I'm going to go home and work on my room transformation.  {Doesn't "room transformation" sound like a much nicer way to spend my Friday evening than "cleaning my room"??}  After that, it will be time to watch my Thunder play some basketball, which we all know will lift my spirits.

I'd love to hear all about your day or your week or your weekend plans.  Leave a comment and distract me from my pity party! :)  Or put on a dark party hat and join in.. ;)

~abi~

2 comments:

  1. You're so cute ;) I had one of those days today thanks to a screaming, teething 11 month old. Here's to hoping that tomorrow will be a much better day for the little guy (and for mommy) ;) Thanks for making me smile .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will put on my colorless party hat and join you. Rough week with too much on my work load and two sick children. :( Here's to hopes and prayers of a better weekend and fabulous next week! ;)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for spending some time here in my corner of the internet. and thank you even more for chiming in with your comment!