Thursday, December 9, 2010

leggings and boots, boots and leggings

As a young teen, I lived in a small town in Iowa and harbored a secret dream of maybe one day moving to New York City to be a high fashion makeup artist. But at that time, my life consisted mainly of...let's see...church; friends; church; babysitting and then moving up to working at KMart; church; sometimes "spraying beans" or "detassling corn" {they're real jobs--don't be jealous}. But mostly it consisted of church. A far cry from the glamorous and maybe not so churchy life of a NYC makeup artist.

But really, as it turns out, I don't think that being a big-time makeup artist would have ever worked out as a career for me anyway. Let's gloss right over the facts that I never moved to New York and never even went to cosmetology school. Those are minor details. Because I think the real issue would have been my wardrobe. In my midwestern girl mind, I am quite convinced that high fashion makeup artists must always wear all black in order to be taken seriously as they are painting smudgy eye makeup onto the faces of models and celebs. And you see, therein lies the problem. I just love colorful clothing so very much!

Case in point, my outfit today...
bllgclg

As it gets chilly outside, many girls turn to the comfortable, easy, and cute outfit solution of leggings and boots, boots and leggings. So, in order to not blend in with the masses, I choose color. Sure, I have my black leggings that I love. But how fun are these bright blue ones?? So much more fun!

Think I could rock 'em in the back of a runway tent during fashion week while applying smudgy eye makeup to models??

~abi~

4 comments:

  1. Your fabulous!! yes you are!! God is blessing you in so many ways!!! Your beautiful and i love you... did i read write.. your working at kmart? call me we need to catch up!!! LUV U

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you abi. and can say that my living wouldn't look as beautiful if you were making over faces in New York Ciy instead of creating beautiful images at my wedding. enough said :c)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, bethany! you are crazy, lady! i said when i was a TEEN i worked at kmart! ;)

    and ashley, totally agreed! things turned out exactly as they should have in my life! :) thanks! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so glad you didn't end up in new york, as i would have never met my very best friend! ;) i also have to say wedding photographers must wear black (haha), and thankfully you stray from the norm to bring color into all of our lives! i am so thankful for my bright, colorful, crazy, sweet, beautiful and VERY fashionable best friend!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for spending some time here in my corner of the internet. and thank you even more for chiming in with your comment!