Friday, July 22, 2011

that's what she wore...staying cool

As I mentioned before, I would like to occasionally start documenting my outfits on my blog. Well, I mean, I've already done that for awhile, but I want it to be more of a series. So, my working-title-in-progress is That's What She Wore.

It has been unbearably hot here in Oklahoma. I've lost track of how many days the temperature has soared over one hundred degrees. Basically, wearing any clothing at all is kind of a pain. But since bathing suits are not acceptable work attire, I am forced to get dressed each day. And try to look like a cool while actually attempting to remain, uh, cool.

I was pretty happy with today's summer outfit...

me1
{I really need to get some contacts, so that I could see clearly while wearing sunglasses.}

IMG_6404
{Physicians Formula purple-y eyeliner, to match my purple-y scarf. Yes, I am often that girl who matches her eye makeup to her clothes. Yikes.}

IMG_6434
{The ring and earrings were a gift from my mama.}

When you wear a simple outfit like a plain tee with a basic little skirt, the details will make it special. Like the pocket and sleeve cuffs on the tee and the ruffles on the scarf.

me2

IMG_6444
{Bracelets were gifted to me by my lovely friend Kelly Beane.}

IMG_6386
{American Eagle skirt, thrifted.}

IMG_6388

Stripes seem so summery to me.

IMG_6460

IMG_6461
{Sweet Gap flats, thrifted by my sis Mandi and gifted to me. Score!}

Happy weekend, friends! Have fun. And stay cool. :)

~abi~

1 comment:

  1. I love this summer outfit. Sweet and simple, but with some Abi flair added, perfect! I loved to see you wearing your bracelets. You know I'd wear a few at a time, but I KNEW you'd wear them all, which I adore! And I like "that's what she wore".

    ReplyDelete

thank you for spending some time here in my corner of the internet. and thank you even more for chiming in with your comment!