Wednesday, July 13, 2011

she did it all herself

A couple of weeks ago, I photographed a pretty rad one year old birthday party for a sweet little boy named Beau. His mama is an awesome friend of mine named Abbi. She is super creative {I think it goes with the name ;)} and has a blog that documents her creations here.

Several months ago, Abbi contacted me about booking me to shoot her son's party. When we discussed the price, I suggested we do a trade: some of her amazing mint chocolate cupcakes in exchange for my photography services. When I got the cupcakes from her, I gave half of them to my niece for her birthday {she had tasted the cupcakes before and loved them!} and half to my mom for Mother's Day {she kindly shared them with the family, as moms tend to do}. I love the idea and the reality of trading services/goods as opposed to always dealing in money. I kind of hate money anyway -- and I kind of love it. And I can't live without it. Okay, so anyway, if you have goods or services you could trade for a photo shoot, don't hesitate to ask about doing that instead of paying cash. :)

Now, on to the party! Abbi did a remarkable job creating every single party detail by hand! She is amazing, really! If you are looking for someone to plan a party for you and take care of the details, she's your girl fo' sho!

Here's a glimpse of the awesomeness that was Beau's first birthday party...

B005

B024

bp1

B046

B026

B037

The favors for the kids were these fun little items, wrapped up inside a small burlap bag...

B055

Yes, she made all the cupcakes and treats, as well!

B021

bp2

And here are some people pictures from the party, too... :)

B091
{the birthday boy and his mama}

B082

B194

B196

I think he was happy when he saw his little cake..! :)

B235

B240

First bite! So precious. Melt my heart.

B245

B258

B284

You can find out more about all the amazing party details and how she did it all, over on Abbi's blog Z As In Zebra.

Abbi~ {and Andrew and Beau and the rest of your whole awesome family}
I thoroughly enjoyed photographing such a fun, detailed, well planned party! Can't wait to hang out with you guys again. Thank you for having me be there.

~abi~

1 comment:

  1. love every single picture, I am shooting one of my clients kiddos first birthday parties beginning of august.
    The ones where he is eating the cake are priceless!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for spending some time here in my corner of the internet. and thank you even more for chiming in with your comment!