Wednesday, February 23, 2011

red and pink and feathered

Ask any girl you know...There' no other confidence/mood booster quite like a fabulous new hairdo. Something about sporting a new cut or a new color, or both, just makes you feel like a new person. Right, girls?

Well, this past Saturday, my amazing hair girl {Jamie Roark at DK Salon} and I finally got our schedules to match up, and I went in to get my red and pink color redone...and Jamie gave me bangs! Yay! I had thought about getting bangs, and then I saw a girl at a Thunder game who had the exact cut I wanted. So I took spy pictures of her from across the court and showed Jamie. :) I am in loooove with my bangs! Am I allowed to say that? I'm not being vain, it's all Jamie's skill that I'm raving about!

Also, I know a fabulous girl named Molly. She and I went to the same crazy high school and yet somehow emerged unscathed. ;) Molly has the most beautiful little family and the most adorable room in her home where she does hair. She sent me a message the other day on Facebook telling me about the newest, hottest thing for hair: feather extensions! Here is a direct quote from the message she sent me: "Anyone who will put gold sequins on her eyes for New Years Eve, needs to definitely sport some feathers!!" That put a big smile on my face! I had already seen and lusted over the feather extensions. Jamie and I were waiting to see if her salon would get them so she could do them for me. When I told her about the message Molly had sent me, Jamie gave me her blessing to have a small hair affair with Molly and let her give me the feather extensions. :)

Molly has the best quality feathers and an awesome array of colors to choose from...

IMG_2979

She attaches them so securely that they will stay in for at least six weeks or so.

IMG_2986

Thanks to these two hair artists, look at me with my fab new 'do!!!

IMG_3036

I'm so happy! :) {If you want to get hooked up with some feathers, let me know and I'll give you Molly's contact info.}

~abi~

ps Check out this post about her own hair feathers by the way-cooler-than-anyone-else Kathleen of jeremy & kathleen! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for spending some time here in my corner of the internet. and thank you even more for chiming in with your comment!