Friday, October 28, 2011

photo shoot ~ QUiD

In case you didn't know, I am a big fan of social media/networking.  I was recently reminded why Facebook can be a great tool for small businesses.  This is how it went down:  My friend B tagged me in a comment, and I read the thread, which was a post by B's friend Heather.  Heather is the creator and designer behind QUiD, a line of fabulous accessories such as hats, scarves, and jewelry.  Heather had posted that her photographer had moved away and she needed someone to shoot her new products.  B recommended me, I checked out Heather's stuff, fell in love with it, and messaged her immediately.

A few weeks later, we met up for a shoot.  Heather brought her amazing creations and a couple awesome models, and I scouted out a rad place to shoot.  The weather and light were just perfect that evening.  And I am super happy with the results!  Here are a few of my faves...

Q038

Q097

Q059

Q079

Q105

Feel free to head on over to QUiD's esty shop here to pick up some of Heather's designs.  I have handled this stuff, and let me tell, you, it's the softest, most snuggly stuff ever!  Also, "like" the Facebook page here.

And you wanna know the best part about this whole thing?  I mean, the best part for me, not so much for you..  I am a big believer in trading services/products and not always dealing in money.  So, when Heather suggested a trade, I couldn't have been happier.  Basically, I get to go on a little shopping spree now!!!  I'm so excited, I can't wait to own some QUiD fabulousness!

~abi~

2 comments:

  1. Abi, Thank you so much for shooting for me! I'm in love with how they turned out! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

thank you for spending some time here in my corner of the internet. and thank you even more for chiming in with your comment!