Wednesday, August 17, 2011

wednesday word of the day...strength

strength
   [strengkth, strength, strenth]
noun
1.
the quality or state of being strong; bodily or muscular power; vigor.
2.
mental power, force, or vigor.
3.
moral power, firmness, or courage.
4.
power by reason of influence, authority, resources, numbers, etc.
5.
number, as of personnel or ships in a force or body: a regiment with a strength of 3000.

Well, that is the dictionary meaning of the word strength, but what does the word strength mean to you?

ABS058b

I have been pondering the word strength today. Because I am oh-so-weak. Not weak, as in I can't lift heavy objects or beat you up. ;) No, I am referring more to the meanings 2 and 3 in the above definition. I think of the song lyrics "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord." Well, I am waiting, and I need my strength to rise. Because I am weak.

So, what about you? Are you strong? Are you strong physically but weak mentally or morally? Are you strong mentally or morally but weak physically? What do you think of when you hear the word strength?

Isaiah 40:31
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.

{ps That's my awesome friend Abbi in the above photo. Check out her site http://bodschool.com/ featuring photos by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for spending some time here in my corner of the internet. and thank you even more for chiming in with your comment!