Thursday, December 22, 2011

present, presence, presents

This post is for me.  A put-myself-in-check reminder post.  Lately, I have noticed and it has been pointed out to me that I haven't really been listening to others.  And not just that, but recently it's as if I'm often not really present with those around me: my friends, my family, those important to me.  Instead, my mind is wandering and skipping and jumping: to the next thing I need to do, the next person I need to talk to, the next email reply I need to send. 

Yes, this time of year is crazy and hectic and busy.  For me and for everyone else, too.  But I need to stop.  I need to focus.  I need to be present.

And I am sorry I haven't been.  I apologize to those who I have only half-listened to, who I've slighted and not given my full attention to in the moment I am with you.

This is my reminder to myself.  Focus.  Be present. 

~abi~

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for spending some time here in my corner of the internet. and thank you even more for chiming in with your comment!