Monday, November 22, 2010

if you are like me

If you are at all like me, you mostly watch award shows just to see the fabulous clothing, right?  For me, the real appeal of being a celebrity wouldn't necessarily be the screaming mobs of fans or the huge paychecks, it would definitely be the opportunity to wear amazing dresses, shoes, jewelry, hair and makeup to award shows and galas.  I wish we lived in a grander time period or society, where we had the opportunity to dress for balls and formal events on a regular basis.  Of course, then I would need to be part of the high society set, for which I surely don't qualify.  Alas, a girl can dream, right?

And speaking of dreaminess, since I no longer seem to have time in my life to watch award shows, I just turn to one of my very favorite fashion blogs to get a fix of the glamor, elegance, and drama on the red carpet that I crave.  The lovely and hardworking Fashion Critic over at Red Carpet Fashion Awards is always up to the minute on the beautiful, quirky, or insane styles worn by celebrities to all the major and not-so-major events.  If you missed the American Music Awards last night like I did, check out this link to view all the styles on display there.

After all, why consume a few hours of your life watching an award show, when you can just see all the highlights online the next day {or even that same night}?  You know the famous Kanye/Taylor Swift moment awhile back?  Was I watching that award show?  No.  But thanks to Twitter, I was aware of the incident immediately, and was watching it on YouTube within minutes.  Oh, internet, what would I do without you??

~abi~

1 comment:

  1. Abi, I love reading all your fun recent posts!! :) Keep em coming!!! And yes, life without internet...what would we do!?!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for spending some time here in my corner of the internet. and thank you even more for chiming in with your comment!